Capital One Senior Analyst, Market Intelligence in McLean, Virginia
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Analyst, Market Intelligence
Senior Analyst, Market Intelligence
Founded on the basis of a strategy project by former strategy consultants, Capital One is a strategy led company. The Strategy Group engages on a discrete number of ultra-high impact issues that drive the performance of the company forward. Projects focus primarily on formulating enduring and profitable growth and value enhancement strategies and then working within the business to ensure the impact happens. Senior strategy staff sit directly on the most senior LOB management teams and have dotted line reporting to LOB heads.
The Market Intelligence team (within Strategy) focuses on competitive intelligence for the broader financial industry. The team oversees the construction and stewardship of proprietary strategic databases. Team members are also expected to function as strategy analysts with deep subject matter expertise on both confidential and syndicated data sets relating to competitive activity.
The Senior Business Analyst will work collaboratively with Strategy team members as well as business teams in developing and executing against analysis plans in support of a Market Intelligence engagement or specific business need.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and execute analysis plans utilizing internal and external data sources in support of business decision-making and strategy development
• Assist in the development and implementation of proprietary datasets that will support COF’s Card and Bank businesses
• Support the execution of learning agendas, analytics plans and specific marketing research programs
• Partner with Strategy and LOB analysts as well as external vendors in order to facilitate analysis work
• Assist in developing recommendations from the analysis in order to aid senior management decision-making
• Communicate analysis and its respective business implications to Director The candidate should have experience in the following areas:
• SAS, SQL, and/or Hadoop experience
• Consulting experience
• Market Research Experience
• Financial Services experience
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Great interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a cross functional team
• Ability to identify and solve problems independently in a constantly changing environment
• Ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
• Ability to convey information in a clear and compelling manner
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 1 year of experience in analysis
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.