Capital One Sr. Manager, Data Engineering for Card Customer Experience in McLean, Virginia
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Data Engineering for Card Customer Experience
At Capital One, we experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
The Team and Role:
The Customer Management Team is looking for an experienced Sr Manager of Data Engineering to lead teams building cutting edge big data solutions for Capital One's cloud. You will work closely with business leadership and cross-functional teams to develop and deliver solutions that build long lasting customer relationships with our customers.
• A leader. You confidently demonstrate both effective people management and disciplined software development leadership. You lead the craftsmanship, resiliency, and scalability of your team. You enjoy recruiting top talent and ensure that team members are sharpening their skill sets.
• A systems thinker. You think larger than just the task at hand. You have lots of experience working within large and complicated web systems with many touch points and channels. You build robust systems with an eye on the long-term maintenance and support of the application.
• Passionate. You are genuinely interested in what you do. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are delivering for and advocate for their needs within the business.
• A Customer Advocate. You cultivate a deep empathy for people and anticipate their needs. You help them to focus on what’s essential at the moment and advocate for their best interest.
• Collaborative. You enjoy working on agile teams with product owners to construct product delivery, strategy, and timelines. You’re a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own.
Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
At least 8 years of experience coding in data management or data warehousing environments
At least 3 years of experience working with a big data technology
At least 3 years of experience in people management with direct reports
5+ years of experience in people management with direct reports
5+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux commands and shell scripting
10+ years of experience coding in data management or data warehousing environments
5+ years of experience in big data technologies (AWS, Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, MongoDB, PostGre SQL, Kafka)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.