Capital One Senior Associate, Retail Bank Accounting in Richmond, Virginia
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, Retail Bank Accounting
Does the idea of working with professional, highly trained accountants inspire you? Are you an accounting professional with a demonstrated ability to work well in teams, develop new ideas, and take ownership of your projects? Would you like the opportunity to individually contribute to the team, along with the opportunity to grow into a leader? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded, all while having a work-life balance? If so, opportunities for professional and personal fulfillment in a dynamic, progressive organization await you at Capital One!
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Retail Bank Accounting team as a Senior Associate focusing on accounting for our Retail line of business. The team member would be a self-starter responsible for managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment. The Retail Bank is an ever-changing line of business with new products, system integrations and countless opportunities for knowledge growth. This role will have the opportunity to engage with groups across the organization as part of key business projects and initiatives.
- Perform month-end closing and financial reporting processes timely and accurately
- Prepare/review monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepare/present monthly, quarterly and other ad hoc analytics for line of business, Accounting, and Finance leadership
- Interact directly with Finance and key business partners, associates throughout the controller’s group, tax, and external and internal auditors
- Engage in and help lead specialized projects and initiatives related to the role
- Support automation and data transformation efforts
- Identify and drive process efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- at least 3 years of accounting or 3 years of audit experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Retail Banking
- Experience with Data Analytics and/or Data Visualization