Capital One Senior Cloud Software Engineer in Richmond, Virginia
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.
· Assess cloud services as part of a security framework and provide recommendations for use
· Document patterns and best practices for cloud services
· Provide consulting for application teams integrating cloud services into their application
· Design and develop automation for governing usage of cloud services
· Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
· Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
· Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
· Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
· Bachelor's Degree or military experience
· At least 3 years of experience in Application Development
· At least 1 year of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· At least 2 years of experience with Python or similar programming language
· At least 2 years of experience with Linux, server automation and scripting
· At least 3 years of experience with Agile Scrum processes
· AWS Certified
· Experience with Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
· At least 1 years of experience with AWS DevOps tools, technologies and APIs (IAM, Cloud Formation, AMIs, SNS, EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Security Groups, etc.).
· At least 2 years of experience with automation tools for server provisioning and Open Source
· At least 1 years of experience with containers such as Docker or LXC
· Experience with Jenkins, CircleCI, Drone, Artifactory, Chef, or Ansible
· Master's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
· At least 5 years of experience with application and/or data design, architecture and development
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.