Capital One Sr. Associate, Cyber Data Governance in Richmond, Virginia
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Associate, Cyber Data Governance
As a Senior Associate in Cyber Data Governance, you will play a key role in Capital One’s data transformation efforts. You will provide advice and guidance to cyber program owners to refine their role as data producers and data consumers, rationalize their datasets and complete migration to target state platforms. You will influence and support organizational change in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded. In this role, you will apply your problem solving, collaboration and communication skills to provide advice to #Cyber teams.
- At least 3 years of experience in risk management, or data management, or process management
Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
2+ years of business process improvement experience
2+ years of experience as a project manager or as a process manager within the financial services industry
2+ years of experience in risk management or assurance within the financial services industry
Lean Six Sigma Certified, or CISSP, or CISM, or CISA
Additional responsibilities include:
· Drive an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
· Define and execute processes to monitor data governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and privacy, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data quality
· Work collaboratively to ensure data stores and applications adhere to defined data management and data access practices, policies, and procedures
· Develop and maintain formal process documentation. including procedures, process flow diagrams and data flow diagrams
· Evaluate data management, data quality and data access processes for gaps, inefficiencies and opportunities; provide recommendations for improvement and implementation
· Implement solutions and processes for management and governance across data quality metrics, metadata, lineage, data access rights and business definitions
· Lead projects to deliver complex data management solutions; working with internal and external partners
· Supporting audits and regulatory exams related to data governance
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.