Capital One Software Engineer in San Francisco, California
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We’re seeking talented, senior, hands-on, engineering leaders to modernize one of the most critical systems in Capital One’s US Card Business. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from feature engineering to backend applications, data transformations, DevOps, and more, in a rapid and energetic environment. All the systems you will be building will be highly scalable, highly available, lossless systems. You will be using AWS/Cloud Infrastructure ,Scala, Python, Spark, Akka, Python, REST, JSON, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Kafka, Samza, Chef, Maven, and SBT, to name a few.
Your days will include:
• Working with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Continuously improving software engineering practices
• Working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Leading the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
• Bringing a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies
• Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-boxthinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
• Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
• At least 3 years of software development experience
• At least 1 years of hands on programming experience with Python or Scala
• At least 1 years of experience with RESTful Web-services
• 3+ years of building highly available, scalable, lossless distributed systems serving huge data at a minimum latency with high throughput.
• 2+ years of experience building and deploying applications on cloud – AWS
• 2+ years of experience with Apache Spark
• 2+ years of experience designing/architecting Distributed Systems
• Familiarity with Machine Learning concepts
• Experience with AKKA
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.