Capital One Product Manager in Wilmington, Delaware
800 Delaware Avenue (18056), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaborations and delivers great experiences.
If you have the drive to build amazing digital product experiences that impact the lives of millions, we want you! We are looking for an operations and product-focused visionary to build digital solutions for our call center. To fit the bill, you have to be equally jazzed about visioning the holistic associate and customer experience as you are about building amazingly simple digital products that make life easier for our associates and customers.
What you’ll need to be a great fit for our role:
• Passion and curiosity about our technology and process driven world and our associates and customers.
• You’re going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group for a few years; and led process managers, analysts, designers and engineers (who may not report to you).
• Using an empathetic approach to identifying needs and solutions, constantly seek insights from the marketplace; looking across the landscape, garner understanding of how our customers and contact center associates interact with our processes, technologies and products, and uncover tapped needs. (Talking directly to contact center associates and our customers can’t scare you off.)
• Possess strong advocacy for users throughout the product development process.
• You will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle. That includes working with partners and leadership to illustrate and execute on your vision.
• As a Product Manager, you’ll be accountable for its adoption as well as performance.
• Experience in extracting data and turning it into information; Excel and Power Point slides can’t give you hives.
• A great communicator (and can prove it) both written and in person
• You don’t mind getting out and traveling to our internal and external customers 20% of the time
• Strong vocabulary in design and technical disciplines; especially related to retail industry
If those things up there sound like you, and you can check the box on these things down here, we should talk. Send us your information and let’s see what you have.
At least 1 year of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences
At least 1 year of experience building core product platforms that power those experiences
At least 1 year of digital industry experience for consumers
Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
At least 2 years of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
At least 1 year of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
At least 1 year of experience with A/B testing platforms
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.